‘Hallelujah’ Soup Suppers
“Hallelujah” Soup Suppers are back for another season. Coal City United Methodist Church, located at 6805 E. McArdle Road in Coal City, invites the community to join them for their first “Hallelujah” Soup Supper of the season from 4 to 7 p.m. Nov. 4.
They will be serving delicious homemade stuffed green pepper and chicken noodle soups. Each meal includes your choice of soup, a sandwich, crackers, a beverage, ice cream and dessert. Carry-outs are available.
The cost will be $8 for adults and children age 13 and older; $4 for children ages 12 to 6; $2 for children ages 5 to 3; and children ages 2 and younger eat can eat for free.
All proceeds will go to the church’s building fund. Tickets will be sold at the door.
Living Water Church
Living Water Church of the Nazarene, located at 118 E. Jefferson St. in Morris (in the old movie theater) invites you to various opportunities to worship in winter:
• 7 p.m. Wednesdays for Bible study class, led by Pastor Cook.
• 7 p.m. Thursdays for prayer night, a silent time of worship in the sanctuary.
• Coming soon – Celebrate Recovery.
• Thursday, Oct. 26 – Trunk or Treat. Bring your kids dressed for Halloween to our outdoor event from 5 to 7 p.m. in front of the church. You can’t miss us and you won’t want to.
• Friday, Nov. 10, at 7 p.m. – Free Movie Night. Watch a family friendly movie on the big screen with free popcorn.
• Saturday, Nov. 25 – Children’s Fun Fair, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Held at the church during the Home For the Holidays event.
• Friday, Dec. 1 – Our yearly and ever popular “Polar Express” movie night. Come a few minutes early to see the conductors and pick your spot to enjoy the 7 p.m. show. Interested, have questions or want to volunteer?
Call Pastor Steve at 815-252-4744.
4th annual Nite at the Races
The Immaculate Conception Church of Braidwood will be holding its fourth annual “Nite at the Races” event on Saturday, Oct. 14, at the Gardner American Legion Hall, 426 Industry Ave. in Gardner.
Doors will open at 6 p.m. and the first race will be at 7 p.m. Tickets are $10 each and may be purchased at the door.
The Race Nite Committee is looking forward to another fun and exciting event.
This year’s theme is “Country & Western” and attendees wearing country or western attire will receive an extra $10 in “funny money.”
There will be racing, food, an auction and raffles, featuring lots of raffle baskets. The cupcake raffle will return, as well.
Proceeds from the Race Nite will help with renovations to the Parish Hall.
Everyone age 21 and older is invited to attend.
The First United Methodist Church of Morris will hold its 42nd annual Turkey Supper on Friday, Nov. 3.
Come enjoy a feast of turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, green beans, cranberry salad, fruit salad, homemade rolls, and homemade pies.
Seating times will be at 5, 6 and
7 p.m. Carry-outs also will be available from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Advance ticket sales only.
Ticket prices are $12 for adults and $6 for children.
Tickets sales begin Oct. 16 in the church office at 118 W. Jackson St. Join us for this evening of good food, fun and fellowship.