Living Water Church
Love a little, laugh a little. Come to Living Water Church, 118 E. Jefferson St. in Morris, for a fresh experience of Christ. Applying God’s Word to our hearts and lives and shaping our habits.
Join us Sundays at 8:30 or 10:30 a.m. for services, or 9:30 a.m. for Sunday School (adults /teens/children).
Other opportunities are:
• 7 p.m. Wednesdays for Bible study class, led by Pastor Cook.
• 7 p.m. Thursdays for prayer night, a silent time of worship in the sanctuary.
Peace Lutheran Church
• Beginning Senior Yoga, 10 to 11 a.m. Friday, 101 Candlelight Lane in Morris. Calling all seniors! All are welcome, especially if you have never participated in yoga – this is definitely for beginners. Lois Kleck and Dee Crowe are the facilitators.
Sessions are designed around strength-building, balance, pain relief and arthritis, among others. Class meets in the lower level double classroom.
Call Dee Crowe or Lois Kleck at 815-521-0480 with any questions.
• Free yoga class every Monday and Thursday night at 5:30 p.m.
Immaculate Conception School
Immaculate Conception School will hold an informational open house for parents interested in learning about the ICS preschool programs for 3- and 4-year-old students.
The open house will take place at
6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the preschool classroom. Families may park in the lot west of the school and enter at the door by the school office. There is a sign on North Street that directs guests to the office.
The 4-year-old program will be held on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings. The 3-year-old program will be offered on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
At the meeting Jan. 16, parents will have the opportunity to meet the preschool teachers.
They will explain the curriculum and will answer questions. Tuition costs, financial aid possibilities, and registration procedure will also be outlined that evening.
Information about Immaculate Conception School is available on the school website, ics1.org.
For information or questions about the open house, please feel free to contact the school office at 815-942-4111 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Immaculate Conception Church, in Morris to hold winter events
• The rosary is recited every Tuesday at church. All are welcome to join each and every week they are available to come. Every Tuesday at 1:30 p.m.
• The Stitchery Group meets each Wednesday in the Church Narthex. Bring your crocheting or knitting and join the group. Every Wednesday from 1 to 3 p.m.
• The PADS shelter at Immaculate Conception Parish is open October through April. It provides a place to sleep, eat dinner and breakfast, as well as a sack lunch to go. To volunteer for our parish, call Joanne Morrall at 815-942-8389 or Kris Werden at 815-942-5338. Opens at
7 p.m. Thursdays and Fridays.
• Organizations from the parish help with preparation and serving of coffee and doughnuts after Mass one weekend each month in the Narthex of the Church. Stop by after Mass and visit while enjoying refreshments. Jan. 27 and 28.