Mazon United Methodist Church
Jake’s Boys, a Southern gospel group, will be performing at 9 a.m. Feb. 25, at Mazon United Methodist Church,
509 7th St. in Mazon. There is no charge and all are welcome. For information, visit their website: www.jakesboys.org and on their Facebook page.
Living Water Church
Love a little, laugh a little. Come to Living Water Church, 118 E. Jefferson St. in Morris, for a fresh experience of Christ. Applying God’s Word to our hearts and lives and shaping our habits.
Join us Sundays at 8:30 or 10:30 a.m. for services, or 9:30 a.m. for Sunday School (adults /teens/children).
Other opportunities are:
• 7 p.m. Wednesdays for Bible study class, led by Pastor Cook.
• 7 p.m. Thursdays for prayer night, a silent time of worship in the sanctuary.
Helmar Lutheran Church is having an All You Can Eat Kumla Dinner on Saturday, Jan. 20 from 4:30 to 7 p.m. The proceeds are to support the HLC Food Pantry, which has grown from serving 10 to 120 families, twice a month, in our 10 years of operation.
The dinner includes ham, kumla, applesauce, dessert and beverage. For those that would prefer, a baked potato will be substituted for kumla.
The church is located at 11935 Lisbon Road in Newark. For information, call 815-695-5489. Carry-outs will be available.
It is a free-will donation dinner.
Peace Lutheran Church
• Free yoga class every Monday and Thursday night at 5:30 p.m.
Immaculate Conception Church, in Morris to hold winter events
• The rosary is recited every Tuesday at church. All are welcome to join each and every week they are available to come. Every Tuesday at 1:30 p.m.
• The Stitchery Group meets each Wednesday in the Church Narthex. Bring your crocheting or knitting and join the group. Every Wednesday from 1 to 3 p.m.
• The PADS shelter at Immaculate Conception Parish is open October through April. It provides a place to sleep and to eat dinner and breakfast. To volunteer, call Joanne Morrall at 815-942-8389 or Kris Werden at 815-942-5338. Opens at
7 p.m. Thursdays and Fridays.
• Organizations from the parish help with preparation and serving of coffee and doughnuts after Mass one weekend each month in the Narthex of the Church. Stop by after Mass and visit while enjoying refreshments. Jan. 27 and 28.
Coal City United Methodist Church ‘Hallelujah’ Soup Supper
Coal City United Methodist Church, located at 6805 E. McArdle Road in Coal City, invites the community to join them from 4 to 6:30 p.m. for their “Hallelujah” Soup Supper on Feb. 3.
They will be serving homemade vegetable beef and chicken noodle soups.
The cost will be $8 for adults and children ages 13 and older; $4 for children ages 12 to 6; $2 for children ages 5 to 3; and children ages 2 and younger can eat for free. All proceeds will go to the church’s building fund. Tickets will be sold at the door. Each meal includes your choice of soup, a sandwich, crackers, a beverage, ice cream and dessert.
Carry-outs will be available.